When you configure the PDE build build.properties:
- Your provided topLevelElementId has to be your feature, or a "master" feature.
- You must provide an elementPath property that's the absolute path to your master feature.
- Your pluginPath can then point to your workspace.
- You probably want to skipBase, skipMaps, and skipFetch
- p2.gathering = true will generate the p2 metadata
/site.project/site.xml will include the site categories in the generated build repo
But I wouldn't recommend it. Without digging into some arcane PDE build properties, it pollutes your workspace with build files, @dot directories, etc.